If you take your cycling seriously, like so many people do, then you need a good place to store your bike when you’re not using it. Not only do you need a safe place for your bike but you need somewhere to keep the rest of the equipment as well. One of the best storage places you could ever find for your bike would be in a backyard shed. However, you don’t want it to take up all of the space so your best option is to install a bicycle rack inside your building.
You can turn any outdoor building into a bike storage shed by using these easy steps:
- Gather up the tools you’ll need. These include sturdy utility hooks, saw, screw gun and lumber. 2 X 4’s usually work the best.
- You’ll need to use the saw and cut the lumber into five different sections. Make two of them three feet long and three of them six feet long.
- Screw the two three foot long 2 X 4’s onto the center of two of the six foot long 2 X 4’s to form “T”s and the three foot sections will become the base of the rack
- Turn upside down and attach the remaining six foot section to the ends of the base (the 3 foot 2 X 4’s) with screws creating a secure base.
- Secure the base to the ceiling in the backyard shed and screw the utility hooks into the bottom portion (the two 6 foot 2 X 4’s), placing them about two feet apart.
- Now all you have to do is hang the front wheel over one of the hooks and your bike is up out of the way and secure.
This rack design will easily hold up to six bikes at one time. Using this type of bicycle rack is fast and easy so you don’t have to spend lots of time fumbling around trying to put the bikes up when not in use. Getting them back down again when you’re ready to ride won’t be a problem either.
By installing a bicycle rack in your backyard shed, you’ll have an excellent place to store your bike and all of your accessories. It will be out of the weather so, it won’t rust or be damaged by any of the other elements and it will be out of the way as well. It’s the perfect solution for storing your bicycle when not in use.